Sunday, January 18, 2009

one finished wisp

what is a wisp i hear you ask? well i only found out a few weeks ago, thanks to kris who is holding a 'a project a month challenge', that a wisp is a Work In Slow Progress. i have decided that it is easier to do all my pinning and cutting of fabric at night with the hopes of stitching during the day when the rug rats are not annoying me. this seems to have worked as i have completed one of the wisps that i cut out last night!!
here they are, my wisps, cut, pinned and buttons waiting to be chosen.
i managed to stitch today while the girls played in the back yard. i took the photos at night so the lighting isn't great but the fabric is just so pretty. it is a sweet heart in shades of blue and brown filled with stuffing and a hint of lavender, it smells so sweet. i am really happy with it.
now all i have to do is finish the birds...the only problem is i start work on wednesday so i wont be doing much blogging or stitching for a while but i guess thats why they are called wisps!!
i will be back with a post about annabelle my latest bird.
%*_*% rosey

9 comments:

  1. Is beauty!!
    fantastic .. is very very tender

    bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. That heart is adorable!! You could so easily change the colours to suit all seasons, occasions. Yay for planning to open a shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats lovely.Filled with lavender?great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the heart! The buttons are a sweet touch and go perfectly with the fabric. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buttons, birds and heavenly hearts...aaahhh pretty Rosey!
    Kiss Noises Linda Lilly Cottage at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin those hearts with buttons!
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog! I'm a new blogger too and I love your idea of wisp's. On my sight I'm trying to finish my WWIT's which stands for "What was I thinking?" All of my WWIT's are definately WISP's.
    I just love birds...your's are adorable...keep sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your birds and this heart is just gorgeous, the blue tones are so beautiful. And BUTTONS!!! Be still my beating heart. BUTTONS!!! I flip out over anything to do with buttons, I just bought a great book full of button craft, I'll post about it soon. You are so talented Rosey, I can see this blog will be bursting at the seams with all your creations in no time.

    ReplyDelete