Sunday, May 10, 2009

eye spy sunday

a few of the blogs that i read take part in eye spy sunday and i thought i might join in this week. the theme is 'i spy what am i reading now'. how great is that? each week the theme changes and i really love seeing what the theme will be and then the different blogs interpretations or offerings. so what am i reading? apart from blogs, tweets and books with my girls... i am reading 'salem falls' by jodi picoult. it has taken me a while to get into it but at last it is catching my attention. i do love to read and it is an absolute must at the end of the night to read for at least 15 minutes even if i am drunk or it is 2am in the morning. a habit which annoys my husband, who by the way has not read one book in the 11 years we have known each other (other than books for uni). any how head over here to see where this weeks eye spy started. i have a big week ahead of me, year 3 will be taking part in a national test and it is a heap of unnecessary pressure on my poor students. it is only one example of their capabilities but their results are scrutinized and pitted against children from other states who are older than they are and learning a different curriculum. when we have unity across all areas then it will be a fair test. ok enough from me, wish me luck! have a great week

7 comments:

  1. I have to read at the end of the day aswell but fortunately so does Rich so I don't get any moaning!
    Jack hid my book the other day and I was pulling my hair out lol....little monkey!
    Big ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah your silly even if your drunk,.LOL.I do sometimes read at the end of the day but mostly I just fall head first into bed,LOL.I find I read alot out on the deck in the summertime.I love to read then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited the blog, very nice!I also visited a blog she has posted on there.I forget the name but the girl makes the cutest poseable dolls they are so cute.Maybe your daughters would be interested if you havent already saw them.Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Master 8 is involved in those tests this week too. I think you are right about the curriculum and the ages of the kids. Master 8 is the youngest in his class. Oh, well, we shall see....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! You've been lemonaded, check out this post for the details http://www.edwardandlilly.com/2009/05/lemonade.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. my daughter has those tests in year 9 this week too!!! Will definately be porridge for breakfast. Oh I wish we had an Australia wide curriculum, we have moved interstate a few times and there is such a huge difference. My son in year 11 now really missed a lot of the important concepts early on because of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm.. that sounds like an interesting read. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete